An individualized approach to healing and achieving the best possible health outcomes.
The terms “complementary,” and “alternative” medicine are often used interchangeably, but in reality may refer to different types of medicine to different people. Together, they are sometimes referred to by the acronym CAM. Integrative medicine, as defined by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, “combines mainstream medical therapies and CAM therapies for which there is some high-quality scientific evidence of safety and effectiveness.”
One goal of our holistic medical doctors is to stimulate the body’s natural healing response, so we embrace the concept of Integrative Medicine in our three Wichita, Hays and Kansas City (Shawnee) locations.
Integrative Medicine Benefits
- Relationship between doctor and patient is seen as a partnership
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are considered
- The root of illness is addressed, not the symptoms
- Excellent for chronic issues, when conventional medicine hasn’t brought the individual any relief
- Ensures personal attention by the practitioner
- Treatments or interventions are natural and less invasive whenever possible
Related Research & Links
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What’s In a Name?
- Andrew Weil, M.D.
What is Integrative Medicine?
Experts explore new ways to treat the mind, body, and spirit — all at the same time.
Meet Your Team
Ron Hunninghake, MD
Chairman of the Boardread bio
Let’s Get Started! Request An Appointment:
To request an appointment, please fill out the form below. We will be in touch about appointment times and dates. We look forward to meeting you!