Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake Recipe
(KETOgenic, GLUTEN-FREE WITH ALMOND FLOUR)
This recipe is from one of my favorite sources for gluten-free and low carb recipes. All the recipes I have had from this site are delicious and easy to make. Enjoy! ~Dr. Anne
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Calories 248 kcal
Author Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup Butter(softened)
- 1 cup Erythritol
- 4 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon extract
(click the link to see the extract I use, which is mild and doesn’t taste like alcohol; if yours is potent, you’ll need less, maybe 1-2 tsp)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract(optional)
- 3 cup Almond flour
- 2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 3 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large, use a hand mixer to beat together the butter and sweetener until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, sour cream, lemon extract and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, poppy seeds, and sea salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet, about a cup at a time.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is dark golden brown. Cover loosely with foil and continue baking for 20-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sweetener, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Drizzle over the cake