Paleo Nutter Butters
By Jackie Caldwell
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
If you warm honey for about 15 seconds it will mix into your batter much easier.
Cashew Butter mixes better at room temperature so set out for 30 minutes before baking.
Toasting nuts is an extra step, but so worth it! The flavor of the nuts changes so much when they are toasted. You can toast nuts in a saute pan, or in the oven. I always keep some toasted nuts on hand for baking, topper for salads…you will find all kinds of ways to use them!
- 1 & 1/2 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup warmed honey ( warm for about 10-15 seconds in microwave)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (Preferably organic)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8″ x 8″ pan.
- If you are going to toast your walnuts, do that now. Toasting is an extra, optional step, but I think it’s worth it. Put walnuts in a small sauté pan on medium heat. Stir and watch closely for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool before chopping.
- You can use a bowl or a food processor to mix these Nutter Butters up.
- Add flour, cashew butter, baking soda and sea salt to food processor. Pulse until mixed.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, warmed honey and pulse until mixed.
- Remove blade and fold in dark chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- You can add some dark chocolate chips on top for decoration.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve!
- These will store on the counter for 2 days, then move to the fridge. They are really good cold too!