The prostate is a small gland in men that helps make semen. Located just below the bladder in front of the rectum, it wraps around the tube that carries urine and semen out of the body. It tends to grow larger as men get older. If the prostate gets too large, it can cause a number of health issues. The likelihood of getting prostate cancer may be affected by age, race, family history, diet and physical activity level.
Take steps to promote healthy prostate function and reduce the risk of prostate cancer by making healthy lifestyle choices and completing the Prostate Health Lab Profile. It’s a proactive approach to prostate health, measuring the levels of essential nutrients in the body and providing valuable information to lead you toward the best health possible.
CALL TO ORDER: 800-447-7276 x1385
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C (Plasma, Urine)
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Linoleic acid (LA)
- Gamma-linolenic (GLA)
- Dihomogammalinolenic acid (DGLA)
- Arachidonic acid
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Total Omega 6
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Total Omega 3
- Arachidonic acid to EPA ratio
- Oleic acid (OA)
- Total Monounsaturated fatty acids
- Palmitic acid
- Stearic acid
- Total Saturated fatty acids
- Unsaturated to saturated fatty acid ratio
- Elaitic (C-18)
- Selenium (RBC)
- Zinc (RBC)
Profile specific instructions for lab draw:
- This lab profile does not require fasting.
- A urine specimen will also be requested at the time of the blood draw.
- Drink plenty of water the day before and leading up to the lab draw.
- Additional instructions may be provided upon ordering/scheduling.
To learn more about our laboratory please CLICK HERE
* All information subject to change. Please check with Bio-Center Laboratory with any questions.