Brain & Mental Health Profile
The brain uses more nutrients than any other organ. Being informed about your nutrient levels may help you to reduce your risk for Alzheimer’s, memory loss, decreased cognitive skills, and strokes in the future.
Did you know that the health of your brain, and your body as a whole, can be directly tied to your mental health? These not only include your emotions but also those larger, lingering issues like anxiety, depression, poor sleep, restlessness, feeling of dread, irrationality, and more. Often, these show up as symptoms of a nutrient imbalance or food sensitivity. This profile gives you the opportunity to look for areas that can be improved through diet, lifestyle, or supplements and that could make a distinct impact on your day-to-day mental health, wellness, and well being.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C (Plasma, Urine)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
- Folic Acid (Folate)
- Essential Fatty Acids:
- Linoleic acid (LA)
- Gamma-linolenic (GLA)
- Dihomogammalinolenic acid (DGLA)
- Arachidonic acid
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Total Omega 6
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Total Omega 3
- Arachidonic acid to EPA ratio
- Oleic acid (OA)
- Total Monounsaturated fatty acids
- Palmitic acid
- Stearic acid
- Total Saturated fatty acids
- Unsaturated to saturated fatty acid ratio
- Elaitic (C-18)
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
- Essential Amino Acids:
- Lipid Profile:
- HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein)
- LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein)
- VLDL (Very Low-Density Lipoprotein)
- Cholesterol to HDL Ratio
- LDL to HDL Ratio
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP-hs)
- Magnesium (Serum, RBC)
- Selenium (RBC)
- Zinc (Serum, RBC)
Profile specific instructions for lab draw:
- This profile requires a 10 to 12-hour fast.
- Fast from taking vitamin B3 and Zinc for one week prior to lab draw.
- A urine specimen will also be requested at the time of the blood draw.
- Drink plenty of water the day before and leading up to the lab draw.
- Additional instructions may be provided upon ordering/scheduling.
To learn more about our laboratory please CLICK HERE
* All information subject to change. Please check with Bio-Center Laboratory with any questions.