A note from the lab
With this month’s Health Hunter focused on obesity, here are the tests available for the evaluation of obesity:
- Blood glucose—for evaluation of carbohydrate intake and insulin resistance
- Insulin—for evaluation of pancreatic functional status and insulin resistance
- Chromium, niacin, glycine, glutamic acid and cysteine—components of glucose tolerance factor (GTF) which may bind insulin to cell membrane receptors
- HbA1c—a measure of average blood glucose level over the most recent 120 days
- Blood triglycerides—indicator of fructose and sugar intake, plus liver function
- CRPhs—a measure of inflammation, thought to be a major reaction to obesity
- Leptin—evaluates leptin levels, which regulate fat content and energy output from fat cells
Do you need help resetting your metabolism and fighting weight gain? At Riordan Clinic we have the HCG Rx+ Weight Loss Intervention.
- Targets abdominal fat
- Resets your hypothalamus—addressing leptin resistance and low metabolism
- Uses your own body’s natural processes to burn fat safely
GET STARTED TODAY! Call 316-682-3100.