Improve your child’s behavior, learning and mood through lifestyle and dietary modifications along with proper nutrient supplementation.
Our approach investigates the root cause for children who are suffering from behavior, learning, anxiety and depression issues. Optimal Kids is designed for parents and loved ones who want to avoid medication while still improving the child’s day to day life.
Children and parents will meet with a Riordan Clinic doctor for five sessions over a three month period.
A detail history will be taken, nutrient lab evaluation done, diet and lifestyle issues will be addressed and attendance at the Food as Medicine course is included.
Who would benefit from this program?
|Poor concentration||Poor focus and memory||Developmental delays|
|ADD/ADHD||Digestive complaints||Poor sleep habits|
|Asthma and allergies||Depression||Anxiety|
Read more about the topic of Optimal Kids in Dr Anne’s article, Optimal Kids. This article can also be found in the August 2015 issue of our Health Hunters newsletter. You can also watch the one hour video lecture titled “Optimal Kids” on our YouTube channel.
- Detailed health history, physical, goal setting with doctor. 80 minutes.
- Diet and lifestyle changes. 50 minutes. (within one week of appointment 1)
- All new patients will receive a flash drive with a recording of the Food as Medicine course as well as a digital copy of the text book.
- Lab Review and supplement recommendations. 50 minutes. (four weeks after appointment 1)
- Follow up, review goals. 25 minutes. (four weeks after appointment 3)
- Review goals, set plan of action. 25 minutes. (four weeks after appointment 4)
We suggest an additional follow up appointment be scheduled six months after appointment five to check progress.
Nutrient Lab Evaluation
- Mineral Levels: zinc, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum
- Anti-Oxidants: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, CoQ10
- B Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12
- Organic Acids: will help to identify neurotransmitter imbalances, dysbiosis, Candida overgrowth, need for pancreatic enzymes and mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Amino Acids
Tests listed above are collected via urine.
Additional lab testing might be warranted, depending on the clinical discretion of the doctor.
The cost of the Optimal Kids Program is $1,680 includes the appointments and lab evaluation listed above. Additional lab testing, services or appointments might be warranted, depending on the clinical discretion of the doctor. It is not uncommon the doctors to request that food sensitivity testing be done, which is $315 for list 1 or 2. But they will address this with you at your appointments.
A limited number of scholarships are available thanks to generous donors in our community. To apply, please fill out the Optimal Kids Scholarship Application.
If you are interested in the Optimal Kids Program and wish to set up your child’s first appointment please call 316.682.3100 to speak with our New Patient Coordinator. You can also use the form below.
Have more questions?
Doctor Call Times give potential patients the opportunity to call in and speak with one of the Riordan Clinic doctors. To join the call, dial 1-800-567-5900 and use access code #2571701. For more information about Dr Call Times, please click HERE.
Meet Your Team
Let’s Get Started! Request An Appointment:
To request an appointment, please fill out the form below. We will be in touch about appointment times and dates. We look forward to meeting you!