Qi Chen, PhD
Associate Professor | Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology & Therapeutics
Integrative Medicine | University of Kansas Medical Center
Dr Chen graduated with her Bachelors in Science from the Department of Bioengineering at Sichuan University in Chengdu, China and with her PhD from the Department of Biochemistry at Sun Yet-sen University in Guangzhou, China.
Among her many honors, she received the Excellence in Integrative Medicine Research Award by the European Society of
Integrative Medicine in 2015. Dr Chen’s accomplishments include, but are not limited to,
- Published 36 research articles in high-ranked peer reviewed journals
- Published 1 book, 2 book chapters, 4 review articles, and >40 meeting abstracts at national and international conferences
- Highly cited. Total citations for papers are 2834, and among them 1707 citations are since 2013. Dr Chen’s Google Scholar h-index is 22, and counting only citations after 2013 the h-index is 17.
- Received 2 Young Investigator Awards, and a number of travel awards and poster presentation awards.
- Developed three patents (China Patent #99117036.9, China Patent #03136406.3, US Patent #US8772311 B2)
Dr Chen is currently Associate Professor for the Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics at KU Integrative Medicine. University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas.
To view her full CV, please click HERE.