“Health Is…” Student Project Contest
A contest that fosters beneficial learning about health & nutrition and helps students apply it in a practical and creative way
Each year, Riordan Clinic offers a great opportunity for students and their teachers in area schools. The “Health Is…” Riordan student project contest fosters beneficial learning about health and nutrition and adds interest and enthusiasm to the semester.
The Riordan “Health Is…” contest is easy! Teachers are encouraged to lead their class in learning about proper nutrition and the ways to stay healthy. When teachers encourage students to learn more about staying healthy, all participants benefit. As an added bonus, prizes are awarded to a winner in each category AND to their teachers.
- Who: Open to any 5th-7th grade students in Wichita and surrounding areas
- What: Students submit a project, describing what health means to them, in one of three categories: essay, technology or art.
- Contest Kick-off: February 1, 2016
- Contest Deadline: February 26, 2016
- Winners Announced: March 11, 2016
- Cost: There is no cost to participate. Students may submit multiple entries but may only win one category/year.
Student projects may be submitted online, through postal mail, or dropped off at the clinic or via email. All entries must be returned with the contest entry form which is available at riordanclinic.org/health-is-contest-information.
Submissions will be judged on
• Originality • Clarity
• Motivational impact • Emphasis on health (not disease)
All submissions will become the property of the Riordan Clinic and will not be returned to the student. Riordan Clinic reserves the right to use all projects in promotions but commits to credit the student for their original work.
- ESSAY: 200 words describing what health means to you
- TECHNOLOGY: 3-5 minute video, slideshow or other media interpretation
- ART: any form of original art work along with a statement of why the piece of art explains what health means to you
Winners will be chosen in each of the three categories and prizes will be given to the winning students and to their teachers, if listed. The three winning projects will be published in a Spring 2016 edition of Riordan Clinic’s Health Hunters Newsletter (readership of 7200+). The prizes will be:
Student Prize: 2016 prizes to be determined
Teacher Prize: 2016 prizes to be determined
Please contact: Erin Manning, Marketing Manager and “Health Is…” Contest Coordinator
Phone: (316) 682-3100 ext. 309 FAX: (316) 682-5054
Or fill out the form below: